8800 wallet installations for 2 months using ASO-optimization and without paid advertising
Google and Facebook are still not allowed to use the words Crypto Wallet, Cryptocurrency, etc. Although there are techniques for bypassing this ban (for example, cloacing – launching traffic to special landing without “prohibited” words), often the campaign has to be reinterplined after the next blocking of the advertising cabinet.
In this case, our client brought a multi -vanity crypto -coolant to the market – especially a complicated application type for two reasons:
- Making advertising texts for a wallet without using phrases like “Crypto Wallet” is a difficult task, moreover, this is ineffective;
- High competition in stoves, and the functionality of wallets is about the same.
We managed to solve the problem using the ASO combination (App Store Optimization) and competent localization for various gears. In other words, we optimized the description of the wallet for searching for applications for different languages.
Final result: 8814 installations for 2 months.
How we did it
Why aso and localization?
Localization is the most important growth point for mobile applications in the crypto segment. Moreover, for a successful access to the new market, it is important to localize not only the texts of the screens of the application itself, but also the description for publication in stores, as well as metadata and even screenshots.
The process of optimizing the listing of the application by keywords is called ASO (App Store Optimization) by analogy with SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
In this case, we selected 10 new gears for localization and optimization of the wallet:
Stage 1: Analysis of competitors
We analyzed competing wallets in the App Store and Google Play according to the criteria relevant for aso optimization:
- Are metadata and screenshots localized
- Dates of the first and last update
- Application update frequency
- Application size (MB)
- The amount of assessments
- Additional features
Stage 2: semantics and metadata
Then we have collected semantic nuclei (ordered sets of keywords and phrases for attracting traffic) in the languages of all 10 gears. We also prepared metadata and determined the percentage of irreplaceable traffic for each request (key phrase) to evaluate the potential traffic in the App Store and Google Play.
An example of the preparation of metadata for the App Store
An example of calculating branded/not branded traffic
Stage 3: Creating texts
On the basis of the semantic nucleus, we have prepared a TK for authors of the content of language launch vehicles. They had to make a brief and detailed description of the wallet in each of 10 languages.
Stage 4: Localization of screenshots
If the user reads a description of the application, say, in Spanish, then in the screenshots the interface in Spanish (if the application is multi -language) should be displayed. This step is often neglected, although it is very important.
Stage 5: Publication
Finally we posted descriptions, metadata and screenshots of 10 geo in the App Store and Google Play. Then it remained only to wait for indexation and observe the dynamics of downloads.
Stage 6: Reviews, Serm and Traffic
The main principle of the BDC Consulting is the integration of different tools for the maximum campaign effect. So in this case, in addition to ASO actually, we did work with reviews: we received reviews from users and “implanted” relevant keywords in them. These reviews will be published in stages for the motivated growth of the wallet rating.
In addition, we launched a SERM ANGINE (Search Engine Reputation Management-reputation control in search nets). It consists in the publication of answers to questions and comments from the wallet users in stoirs. The answers also use keywords, which allows you to influence the search results in the stoves and get additional traffic.
Just two months after the publication of localized descriptions of the wallet, we received 8814 organic downloads. Since no large-scale paid campaign was carried out at the same time, we can be sure that the jump in the download number is associated precisely with the effective aso optimization.
Competent ASO optimization allows:
- Increase the A Ukrainian company volume of search traffic in the stoves. Using relevant keywords in the title and description, you can climb the TOP according to priority requests and maximize installations.
- Stand out among competitors. This is especially relevant for cryptocurrents and other applications that have many analogues. Since their functionality is approximately the same, it is ASO that helps to get around competitors.
- Reduce the cost of the installation. The larger the application of organic installations, the higher it is in the rating of the store and, again, the more downloads-without the cost of paid advertising.
- Improve the quality of the product. Analyzing the search queries and CU reviews, you can understand what functionality the priorities have and which bugs need to be urgently fixed.
The following steps: market research
In addition to supporting ASO work, we plan a large -scale market research to identify the most promising regions of presence for our client. The study will include a sample of countries according to the following parameters:
- crypto -country volumes in the country;
- trust in similar wallets and services;
- awareness of the audience in the field of Crypto;
- the presence of competitors and the complexity of entering the region;
- regulation of crypto industry in the region.
On the readiness of the study, we will definitely talk about the results and insights on the blog. If you are interested in a partnership in the field of ASO processing your application, write in BDC consulting through a form on the site-we will be happy to share your experience.