The algorithm created Bayc Cartes, Xiaomi showed AR-OKICS and other news from the world of AI
We strive to inform readers not only about events in the Bitcoin industry, but also to talk about what is happening in related technological spheres-cybersecurity in the world of artificial intelligence (AI).
Forklog Ai has collected the most important news from the world of AI over the past week.
- In the Ministry of Cyphs of Ukraine, META asked META to improve the quality of content on Facebook and Instagram.
- US Navy introduced an autonomous minesweeper.
- Experts called for standardize ADAS technologies.
- MEGOGO has used AI to voice foreign content.
- ByTedance has applied for registration of the Tiktok Music trademark.
- Google Ai turned the NFT Bayc collection into abstract paintings.
- The enthusiast taught AI to determine the hunger of the baby.
- The most important transactions in the field of AI.
Ukrainian authorities asked META to improve the quality of moderation
The Ministry of Construction of Ukraine turned to META with a request to improve the quality of moderation of content on Facebook and Instagram.
In an open letter, the department called on the technical gigant to stop hiding the publications of local activists, bloggers and volunteers, as well as block their accounts. In addition, Minzifra asked Meta to share the list of rules for the moderation of the Ukrainian region.
The American military introduced an autonomous minesweeper
US Navy showed UISS unmanned ship for underwater mines. According to the military, the ship reached the initial operational ability.
The self -propelled semi -autonomous minesweeper is equipped with a diesel drive with a maximum drive of 140 km and can work in the sea for 20 hours. The ship is capable of towing about 1800 kg of cargo at a speed of 20 knots.
UISS is equipped with watercolors, non -lethal weapons, mining systems, as well as reconnaissance, observation and reconnaissance sensors. The system is able to simultaneously detect, localize and classify various underwater ammunition.
According to the Navy, the military use the minesweeper to clean the sea routes, regions of the fleet, straits, narrow locations and landing areas.
In the UK, AI was involved to detect traffic violators
British police launched testing of a roadside van for
identification of violations by drivers.
System using cameras monitoring passing cars. AI-algorithm analyzes the data obtained and reveals the use by the driver of a mobile phone at the wheel or an unheard of seat belt.
Testing of the van will last three months. In future tests, the system can supplement other technologies for detecting offenses.
Experts called for standardize ADAS functions
Coalition of automotive security experts has released a set of recommendations on the use of the same names for ADAS functions.
Consumer Reports, AAA, J.D. Power, National Security Council, Pave and SAE International focused on six categories:
- collision warning (Collision Warning);
- collision (collision intervention);
- Assistance in car drive (Driving Control Assistance);
- Parking assistance (Parking Assistance);
- driver monitoring (Driver monitoring);
- Other Driver Assistance Systems Assistance Systems.
The coalition believes that the terminology used by auto manufacturers can confuse consumers and make it difficult to understand the essence of the functions. The establishment of a common language ADAS will show drivers that the system helps them, and does not replace it, experts added.
MEGOGO used AI for the translation of video content
Megogo streaming service has launched testing of II systems for voicing video content. Technology was developed jointly with the Swiss-Ukrainian company Vidby.
The system recognizes the language of speech in the video and converts it into a text, which, if necessary, is edited. Then AI-Algorithm translates the material and voices in Ukrainian, Romanian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Kazakh, Uzbek or Estonian.
ByTedance has applied for registration of the Tiktok Music trademark
In May 2022, ByTedance has applied for registration of Tiktok Music service to the US Patent and Trademarks.
According to the document, users will be able to buy, play, share and download music through the application. The service will allow you to create, send and recommend playlists, comment on tracks, as well as broadcast audio and video on the air.
BYTEDANCE has submitted similar applications in Australia, Great Britain, Singapore, New Zealand, Mexico, Malaysia and Costa Rica.
Xiaomi introduced AR-Oki
Xiaomi introduced Mijia Glasses Camera AR. The gadget can record 100 minutes video and run applications like translator inscriptions in real time.
Mijia Glasses Camera. Data: Xiaomi.
The headset is equipped with a Micro OLED display from Sony, the main 50 megapixel camera and 8 MP with a periscope module with an image stabilization system, a five-time optical and 15-fold digital zoom.
The gadget is equipped with an eight -core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon. The volume of RAM 3 GB, built -in – 32 GB.
On August 3, 2022, Xiaomi will launch a crowdfunding campaign to organize the release of Mijia Glasses Camera, where those who wish will be able to buy a headset for $ 370. Later, the price will increase to $ 400.
Google Ai turned the NFT Bayc collection into abstract paintings
The Google AI team with AI turned 10,000 images from the NFT-collection of The Bored Ape Yacht Club (Bayc) into abstract paintings by Artsy Monke.
Abstract paintings Artsy Monke. Data: Google Ai.
Researchers used tokens as a “free canvas for generative art” and learning AI to draw in 20 different styles. To do this, they involved several servers.
As a result, the algorithm generated images that look like monkeys. Some paintings have entire micromers, while others are mixed collages from futuristic elements, noted in Google Ai.
AI showed “The Last Selfie on Earth”
The enthusiast with the help of AI showed “the last selfies on the ground”, “animals that have not yet been discovered” and “how mudtants look like”.
Tiktok user published a series of videos with images generated by the Dall-E 2 and Midjorney Neway for relevant text requests.
The enthusiast taught AI to determine the hunger of the baby
The engineer taught AI to determine the hunger in a newborn child before the baby crys. According to him, the system works with 100% accuracy.
The programmer used the Google Mediapipe Freimmvork to track direct broadcast from the camera above the cradle and detect certain baby movements. The system recognizes the smacking of lips, the rejection Proof-of-Work (PoW) of the dummy, winding the head and bringing the fists to the mouth.
The developer assigned each movement an assessment of “importance”. Upon reaching a certain score, a notification comes to its smartphone about the need for feeding.
The most important transactions from the field of AI in the last week
From July 31 to August 6, 2022, startups in the field of artificial intelligence attracted over $ 208 million. We give the most interesting transactions.
- AISERA customer service developers raised $ 90 million.
- Arena received $ 32 million to support tools for modeling the economy of companies and inventory management.
- Sprig attracted $ 30 million to expand the technology for analyzing user reaction to software products.
- Marqvision received $ 20 million for the development of a SAAS platform to identify fake products in electronic commerce markets and NFT.
- The creators of the Liveeo satellite analytics service raised $ 19.5 million.
- Vetted attracted $ 14 million to scaling machine learning technology to search for products for customer needs.
- OTTONOMY.IO received $ 3.3 million to expand the Autonomous Office Delivery network.
Also on FORKLOG:
- Tencent taught AI to restore old photos.
- New York will reveal the records of the use of persons against activists.
- The US was called upon to adapt patent legislation for artificial intelligence.
- Danish AI Party decided to be elected to parliament.
Subscribe to FORKLOG news at Telegram: Forklog AI – all news from the world of AI